The Family

The Family
Justice, Logan, Jacy Klaire, Joy, Josie Kate, Luke, Megan, Judah, Kerry, Jaxon

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Five Years of Justice

I clearly remember the day I was walking down the street in Montrouis, Haiti to visit a couple of the babies that Joy was treating for malnutrition.  A seamstress we had used to make school uniforms for our sponsorship kids came to me.  She told me of a baby that was very sick.  She said the baby had been abandoned for dead and then found on the concrete floor of a school by a pastor's wife at 3 weeks old.  That was about 3 weeks prior.  I will never forget the moment I arrived at the house and saw the little baby.
She had the cutest little round face and big brown eyes.  She was covered in sores and severely malnourished.  As soon as I held her, I knew she was born to be our baby.  We weren't looking to add to our family.  We already had 7 kids.  It's not like we were bored!  But just as Joy knew as soon as she saw Josie Kate and Judah for the first time that they would be ours, I sensed the same thing with this little sickly doll.  I had the lady take the baby to a missionary hospital in the neighboring village.  I called Joy and told her the story and she immediately went to the hospital to handle everything.  The story was long and sad.  Joy stayed at the little hospital that night.  No electricity.  No running water.  But she stayed and held our baby.  She was able to get her to eat and the next day she brought her home.  Within weeks she was growing and getting healthier and stealing our hearts more by the day.  

This week she turned 5 years old.  I can't believe it.  Our little baby is school age.  She is strong willed and full of life.  She has a stubborn streak consistent with her heritage.  She loves anything shiny, feathery, or sequinned- the tackier the better!  She is daddy's little girl and I am eternally grateful that God picked our family to be her forever home.  

Happy Birthday!  We love you Justice Kacia!!!




2 comments:

Barbara said...

You are blessed and the perfect parents for Justice!!

Karen Cox said...

Just came across this today. Wishing my little friend Justice a happy 5th year!